How do I install OARTA ad code on a Squarespace site?
What does OARTA mean? It is a term we design and is an abbreviation for One Ad To Rule Them All. With just one ad, OARTA will show ads for:
- Text Ad
- Banner Ad
- Text + Image Ad
- Shopping Ad
- Responsive Ad (for mobile users)
So you don’t need to create different ad sizes or specific ads tasks. It’s all in one. The only difference is the size you choose, for example, 300×250, 768×90, 300×600 and so on (each of our ad sizes is responsive and mobile-friendly). But first of all, make sure to add your site before proceeding with this tutorial.
This is an Oarta Ad demo if you need to know how does it display on the publisher’s site:
- 300×250 – 1st Most Popular
- 728×90 – 2nd Most Popular
- 160×600 – 5th Most Popular
- 300×600 – 3rd Most Popular
- 468×60 – 4th Most Popular
- 120×600 – 6th Most Popular
1. First, you need to create an ad code. In the publisher dashboard, select ADS CODES and choose the CREATE button. Enter the information that is required to create an oarta ad code. Then, click the CREATE AD CODE button.
- Ad Code Name – any name (will not be shown to the targeted user)
- Ad Code Type – choose CPC/CPM/CPA (Learn more)
- Targeting Site – choose your added site
- AdBlock Type – choose Text / Banner / Text + Image
- Select AdBlock – for this tutorial, we will select 300×250
- Responsive – Yes
- Sticky Ad code – Unchecked
Note: Although this tutorial focuses on the combination of “Text / Banner / Text + Image”, many of our advertisers prefer to create a banner, text + image or shopping ad type. Text ads are rarely created. So, you can also select Banner only for “Adblock Type”.
2. After clicking the CREATE AD CODE button, it will direct you to the next page. Copy all the ad code in the AD DISPLAY CODE and paste it into a note or any Wordpad. You can also change the text and background colour and border type, but save the setting by clicking the UPDATE AD CODE button. Please copy the regenerated ad code again.
3. Usually, the trending of inserting the oarta ad is in-between-content of a post or page. But because Squarespace doesn’t have a method where you can place the Code block between paragraphs and permanently available for the future new post/page (there’s a workaround, please click here), you have to place the ad code either at the top or the bottom. Sign in to your Squarespace account. On the left column, choose Pages.
4. Then, select Blog.
5. You will see a button shaped like a gear. Please click the button.
6. A new view will appear. Please select Advanced located at the bottom of the list in the left column. Next, select Page Header Code Injection.
7. Copy and paste the ad code you have copied in (2) above into the space provided. To arrange the oarta ad in the middle (highly recommended), insert HTML code <center> at the beginning of the ad code and </center> at the end of the ad code. To add top padding, place the HTML code <br> on top of the ad code. One <br> equals to one space. For two or more spaces, add another <br> and so on. To finish it, click SAVE.
8. Once you click SAVE, your blog page will refresh automatically and you’ll see the results at the top of your blog page.
9. You can also place another 300x250px oarta at the bottom of the blog page by following the steps below. Squarespace does not allow you to enter the same ad code more than once. So you need to create a second ad code for the oarta by repeating steps (1) and (2) above.
Note: We recommend that you include oarta(s) at the bottom of your blog page because Squarespace doesn’t have a method where you can place the Code block between paragraphs that are permanently available for the future new post/page. But if you want to put an ad code in-between-content as well, we’ve provided a tutorial here.
Repeat step (5) above. A new view will appear. Please select Advanced located at the bottom of the list in the left column. Next, select Post Blog Item Code Injection.
10. Copy and paste the ad code you have copied in (2) above into the space provided. To locate the oarta ad in the middle (highly recommended), insert HTML code <center> at the beginning of the ad code and </center> at the end of the ad code. To finish it, click SAVE.
11. Once you click SAVE, your blog page will refresh automatically and you’ll see the results at the bottom of your blog page.
Your first earnings from the oarta ad will appear in your IgniterAds statistics 24 hours after adding the code. This time is needed for our ad to propagate and to gather an audience.
Leave a Reply